Many people wind up desiring a career change later in life. Some people have just finished high school but have obligations that prevent them from attending college on a traditional college campus. Whatever the reason, earning a degree online has become an increasingly popular option in today’s age of education. There are numerous options for universities and colleges offering online counseling degrees and with the upward trajectory of the field it is easy to understand why; however, there are so many options that people can often get overwhelmed trying to select from the schools and programs available. The top five online counseling degree programs are Capella University, Lamar University, Walden University, Adams State University, Grace College and Theological Seminary.
Top 6 Online Counseling Degree Programs
- Capella University
- Lamar University
- Walden University
- Adams State University
- Grace College
- Theological Seminary
Capella University is in Minneapolis and offers two separate master’s degrees in counseling. The first is a degree in family counseling and marriage therapy. The other program focuses on mental health counseling. Therefore, people have two separate paths to choose from. Their graduates are always competitive in the job market and have a well-rounded education. Best of all, the price is competitive within the industry.
- Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- They offer two separate counseling degrees online in family counseling/marriage therapy and mental health counseling.
- Capella University graduates are always competitive when it comes to applying for their desired job.
Lamar University, located in Beaumont, Texas and offers an online master of education in clinical mental health counseling. In addition to having a strong program. Lamar University is well-known as one of the cheapest options for an online counseling degree in the market. Students take classes in addition to completing an internship. Students also complete a face-to-face residency program. This significant amount of practical experience ensures that students are ready for whatever floats their way.
- Lamar University is located in Beaumont, Texas.
- The university offers an online master of education in clinical mental health counseling.
- Students complete a significant amount of work in the practical realm that ensures they are well-prepared for their chosen career path.
Walden University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and offers two separate masters degrees online in counseling. The first is in mental health counseling and the second is in marriage and family counseling. Both are accredited degrees and offer a wide variety of coursework so that students can tailor their education to suit their individual career goals. In addition, they offer financial aid to students who qualify. Students are well-prepared to counsel individuals through some of the toughest moments in the lives of their patients when they graduate.
- Walden University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- They offer two different degree paths in either mental health counseling of marriage and family counseling.
- Walden University offers financial aid and tuition savings to students who qualify.
Adams State University
Adams State University is located in Alamosa, CO and offers an online master of arts in counseling. This degree focuses on clinical mental health counseling. The online program is accrediated and offers students the option to take the same courses as people enrolled in the on-campus degree program. Students will complete residencies to ensure they have adequate face to face experience prior to graduation. This makes sure that students are ready when they entire the job market.
- Adams State University is located in Alamosa, Colorado.
- The university offers a master of arts in counseling that focuses on mental health counseling.
- Students take the same courses as those enrolled in the on-campus program.
Grace College and Theological Seminary
Grace College and Theological Seminary is located in Winona Lake, IN and offers an online master of arts in mental health counseling. Students benefit from peer support so they can learn from their cohorts and incorporates the Christian faith into their counseling program. Students are well-equipped for clinical work when they graduate.
- Grace College and Theological Seminary is located in Winona Lake, Indiana.
- It incorporates the Christian faith into its program and students will learn from their cohorts.
- The college offers a master of arts in mental health counseling.
In the end, there are a wide variety of options for people to choose from when selecting an online counseling degree program. Make sure to thoroughly investigate all of the facets of a program before making a decision.